Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I finally did it!!! :)

After much trial and error, I have (at least for now) finally mastered my original recipe for gingerbread cookies!!
Yes, I know it's January, and gingerbread is typically a holiday food, but I am pumped about them nonetheless!


And, to make it even better, these cookies are gluten free, refined sugar free, grain free, and dairy free. They could probably easily be made egg-free as well. I am so excited! But enough of me talking--let's get to the recipe! :)

(p.s. if anyone is wanting the cup by cup measurements for this recipe, please leave a comment, and I will try to figure it out to as best as I can...I forgot to measure it on this round.)

120 g. almond flour
60 g. coconut flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. allspice
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. salt
20 g. agave nectar
120 g. coconut oil, melted
80 g. molasses
5 g. vanilla
2 eggs

In separate bowls, mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Then combine wet and dry ingredients. Refrigerate dough overnight. After this, the dough will be stiff, but not sticky.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Putting the dough in between two pieces of wax paper or parchment paper, roll out with rolling pin, till it's about 1/4" thick.
Using a flat spatula, gently put the cookies on a greased cookie sheet.
As you can see, some of these cookies turned out a little thicker, but they still worked okay. With cookies, you have to be flexible :)
Bake for 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Makes about 12-15 large cookies, or 20-24 small cookies. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment