Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cilantro Chicken Tacos

I loooove fresh cilantro.

Though I don't actually get it very often, my sister recently bought some for a recipe she wanted to try. The fresh scent wafting from the grocery sack immediately drew me in. I like to put mine in a little cup of water in the fridge after I've washed it; that way it stays fresh longer, and it also brightens up the fridge a little :)


The recipe I want to share with you today was inspired by a recipe for Chicken Ranch Tacos in the beautiful cookbook, The Gathering of Friends. I have simplified it a bit, using what I usually have on hand in the kitchen. You can make as many or as few of these tacos as you would like. Simply follow the basic techniques with whatever amount of ingredients you need. Although it is winter, this is a great spring/summer recipe, too, if you have any brunches to host or attend :)

Cilantro Chicken Tacos

Heat olive oil in skillet, and fry corn tortillas for about 30 seconds or so on each side, so that tortillas become soft. Pat dry on paper towels.


Mix together:
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package Ranch dressing mix
(* Note: The Ranch dressing mix contains MSG, so if you are allergic or sensitive to MSG, you may substitute seasonings of your choice, or omit entirely; I think it's just as good with the salsa and sour cream)

Serve the tacos with pre-cooked chicken (I like to use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store), sour cream mix, guacamole (if you like), and fresh cilantro!

No comments:

Post a Comment