Monday, December 19, 2011

Molasses Cookies

These are the molasses cookies that I posted about earlier, adapted from  Elana's Pantry. This picture didn't turn out great, but I wanted to show that my cookies turned out darker than the original recipe, probably because I used actual molasses in them, instead of the yakon syrup. And, of course, I added more cinnamon! These cookies were super easy, and even the non-GF eaters liked them! They are very sweet; sometimes just half of one satisfies my sweet tooth...sometimes. :)
Molasses Cookies
1 1/2 c. almond flour
1/4 t. sea salt
1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. ginger
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. melted coconut oil
1/4 c. molasses

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Spoon cookies onto a greased cookie sheet, or one lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool before serving (they really turn out better this way!) Makes 12 cookies.

And just as a side note, I usually store my almond flour as well as my baked goods in the fridge, since I've heard that almond flour can quickly go bad if stored at room temperature.

Have a wonderful holiday!!

3 comments:

  1. That was a delicious cookie! I didn't have any ginger, but will add it next time. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this craving for some molasses cookies today and I wanted something gluten free... found your recipe and made em. Very quick and easy and they are soooo good! My brother told me this was the best cookies I've ever made using almond flour. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I am so glad you enjoyed these...I have gotten lots of great recipes from Elana's website :) Thank you for commenting, and I hope you continue to find recipes that you and your family like on this blog!

      Delete