Friday, December 9, 2011

What's for Breakfast?

Good morning! As a salute to the weekend, I thought that I would share a couple of easy (yet delicious) breakfast ideas with you.

Inspired by this post by Shauna at Gluten Free Girl, I decided to make scrambled eggs...dressed up a bit.


These were the contents of my refrigerator at the time: eggs, roasted garlic from a jar, and little fingerling roasted potatoes. Have you ever had these fingerling potatoes? They come in different colors: red, gold, and yes, purple (even on the inside)! They all taste the same to me, but I like the colorfulness of it all! Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with herbs (I used rosemary, dill, and black pepper), chop up some cloves of garlic, and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30min., until potatoes are very soft. Yum!

Back to the eggs...I scrambled a couple just like normal, adding a handful of chopped potatoes, a small bit of roasted garlic, and then added some cheese, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. You can serve them with corn tortillas, too (if you chop them up, they'd be more like migas).

Now, doesn't that look good??

Another good go-to recipe that I've used this week is pancakes. Wanting to experiment with my almond flour, I used this recipe from Elana's pantry. If you have a favorite recipe already, you can use that. After pouring the batter, I added frozen blueberries, and then flipped the pancakes to the other side when the first side had cooked. I like to eat my pancakes plain, or with my homemade apple butter!

So sleep in, have breakfast for dinner, and simply enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment