Monday, December 19, 2011

Banana Bread (Paleo)

I decided to go ahead and post this recipe separately, so that I can link to it later from the Recipe tab :)


This banana bread recipe is adapted from Elana's Pantry and is made with almond flour, so you get extra protein in it, too! As with most GF recipes, I've found, this bread tastes even better the second day, and is also good toasted on the skillet for breakfast in the morning. I used agave nectar and coconut oil in my version, because it's what I had on hand. And, for the record, as of this moment, all I have is Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour, and it worked just fine. So if this is the kind of almond flour you use, you shouldn't run into any problems, in my opinion. Enjoy!!

Paleo Banana Bread
2-3 bananas, mashed
3 eggs
1 T. (10g) vanilla
1 T. (20g.) agave nectar
1/4 c. (50g.) coconut oil, melted after measuring
2 c. (175g.) almond flour
1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. baking soda
* I also like to add 1 T. (5g.) cinnamon to mine!

If you like, you can mix the dry and wet ingredients separately, and then combine. For time's sake, I actually just added all the ingredients together in one bowl and whisked together very well. Either way you prefer. Bake 350 degrees for 55-65minutes in a greased loaf pan. Allow to cool completely while still in pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment