Sunday, July 15, 2012
What I've been eating lately...
Flax Foccocia Bread - from Whole New Mom
This simple flat bread may not look like much, but I've come to love it! This is the first time that I've really used a lot of flax in my baking (my previous image of flax was of my dad trying to down flax seed oil because he knew it was good for his health!). I also used this recipe, and spread 1/2 of it over a 9x13" baking pan, so that the crust is thinner, and then used it for pizza squares and spaghetti bread (spread with olive oil, garlic, and fresh rosemary) and toasted. So yummy!
Coconut Lime Chicken Bites - from Daily Bites
These are perfect for the summer time! I like them both hot from the oven, and also chilled in the refrigerator and tossed over salads. Homemade honey mustard dressing (equal parts honey and mustard) is my favorite with these :)
Grain Free Granola Bars -from The Seasonal Family
Also, here are some of my personal recipes that I've been enjoying lately:
- Zippy Garlic Crackers with Five-Minute Hummus
- All sorts of fruit smoothies (sometimes that's all I want for a meal because it's so hot! I've started adding a handful of walnuts or almond slivers, too, for some protein)
- Fruit water (try lime water, or pineapple with mint!)
- Green Bell Pepper Casserole
- Cherry Berry Cereal
- Zucchini Pizza (zucchini anything, really)
- plus some more new recipes that I will share with you very soon!!
I hope you are having a great summer, and enjoying time with family and friends!