Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A time to laugh...

I wrote this post before reading today's Joy Dare, but considering that, I think this is appropriate:

Did you know that laughter can lower blood pressure, decrease harmful stress hormones, strengthen your immune system, and increase creativity and motivation? It also just feels good :) So, with that in mind, I thought I would share with you a few laughter moments of my week.

Do you remember that 25 year old ice cream maker that I rescued from my parents' attic to make dairy free ice cream? Well, I got so enthusiastic about making the 1 quart batches, that I made about 4 in a single week, attempting to try out different flavors...when the motor finally croaked.

Having the ingenious idea to use my guitar string winder and cutter to hand-stir the ice cream, I stood there for 45 minutes trying to get the stuff to freeze. Finally giving up, I put the mixture in the freezer, and tried another batch after getting a new machine. Lesson learned.

But my sister and I laughed about that.
I laughed with friends in the backyard, out in the country, while waiting to watch the recent solar eclipse.
I laughed, running through the sprinkler while watering my little backyard.
And I laughed during our "girls' weekend," while we had lovely salads with yummy poppyseed dressing. (I always tell my sister, "I love real food...it's so colorful!")
So go live life, and (along with me) learn to keep your eyes open, and take the opportunity to laugh :)
"Live in each season as it passes. Breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit." ~ Henry David Thoreau

(Shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.)

No comments:

Post a Comment