Monday, May 7, 2012

Fig and Walnut Muffins

At the writing of this post, I just made these on the spur of the moment in my kitchen tonight. This recipe resulted as a mixture of inspiration from this basic muffin base from Elana's Pantry, this post from Daily Bites, my new-found love for figs, the current contents of my pantry, and my urgent need to bake something now.

I personally think I could have added more figs, and possibly more cinnamon, but you can be the judge for whatever suits your taste! ;) Overall, I thought these turned out very well!

Fig and Walnut Muffins
40g. (about 1/4 c.) coconut flour
¼ t. salt
¼ t. baking soda
1 ½ t. cinnamon, or to taste
50 g. (1/4 c.) grapeseed oil
75 g. (1/4 c.) agave nectar
12 g. (1 T.) vanilla
56 g. (about 1/3 c., about 7) chopped dried Mission figs
35 g. (about ¼ c.) chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. In another small bowl, mix grapeseed oil, agave nectar, and vanilla. Mix the dry & wet ingredients. Add walnuts and figs till well combined.

Fill regular-sized, greased muffin tin half-full with batter. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown (a toothpick test will not work on them at this point).
Let the muffins cool at least 15 minutes.

Dig in!
Makes 7 reg. muffins.
(Featured on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays). 

No comments:

Post a Comment